Friday 1 July 2011

Rugby Field Birthday Cake - my first themed cake


I loved putting this together - it was my first themed cake so I stuck with the basics. Didn't really feel like fudging it up by experimenting too much seeing as it wasn't for me.



I stuck to the original plan and kept the 
blackforest flavour for the cake - chocolate sponge cake with cream and kirsch soaked morello cherries.
The grass was made out of green crumble and the goal posts were made out marshmallow fondant, I had made another set initially, but the sports expert of the house gave an honest (and appreciated) opinion that they were too wonky to be goal posts - they were binned and I used rulers and smoothers for the next set. The field lines and the piped shells were made out of cream cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment